Celebrating Over A Decade Of Reporting. Direct from reliable sources.
**Email your 'tips and photos' to barbranews at aol dot com**

***
Click to visit the Streisand Store!

***
For the most timely approved/official updates on Barbra -- click for the official website


BarbraNews Mailing List
If you'd like important STREISAND updates to your mailbox, sign up here.
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 

Tuesday 24 April 2007

EVERGREEN BABRA HINTS AT EUROPEAN COMEBACK CONCERTS

As she celebrates her 65th birthday today, Barbra Streisand has hinted at a concert comeback in Europe.

For the American star, whose prolific CV includes two Oscars, the shows would be her first in more than a decade on this side of the Atlantic. Youthful-looking Barbra, who stopped performing live in 1998 following her marriage to the actor James Brolin, made a triumphant return to the US stage last year with a sell-out concert tour.

It has encouraged me to tour again, perhaps in Europe,” she reveals, also admitting that she still finds live shows difficult. “I do not like performing live. I feel like I’m in a beauty pageant; like I’m 18 years old and strutting around.

“That’s not what I’m about and it explains why I have always hated live performances. It terrifies me.”

Of her recent concert success in the US, she adds: “I didn’t know if people really wanted to see me. I am flattered if they do, although I never thought I was anything special to see.”

UK fans would disagree, Barbra.

Source: Daily Express, UK

BarbraNews Shop + Review of 2006 Tour.

USA * Canada * UK/Europe
Click here for the European Tour Website from 2007
Click here to read our SPECIAL review of the 2006 Tour -- Excellent pictures.