Celebrating Over A Decade Of Reporting. Direct from reliable sources.
**Email your 'tips and photos' to barbranews at aol dot com**

***
Click to visit the Streisand Store!

***
For the most timely approved/official updates on Barbra -- click for the official website


BarbraNews Mailing List
If you'd like important STREISAND updates to your mailbox, sign up here.
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 

Thursday 25 September 2008

Lauren Frost's New Album

Dear Barbra Fans...

I just HAD to email you all about Lauren Frost's debut album -- 'Words for the Birds'. Lauren was kind enough to send me a copy of her album, and I LOVE it! How can someone's debut album be so great?

I sort of have a one track mind when it comes to music. BARBRA! As much as I want to like other artists, I often find myself comparing everything about the album to Barbra. Not just the singing, but the arrangements, liner notes... etc.

How would I describe Lauren's album?? Well -- I listened to the whole album on a Sunday afternoon (and even repeated some of the tracks). It was great to chill out, and listen Lauren's voice... it's very soulful. World's apart from Lauren dueting with Barbra on 'You'll Never Know' or 'A Piece Of Sky'.

Her voice glides effortlessly from one track to the next. If you like jazz... you'll love this album. Each song tells a story... Lauren is clearly talking about past memories and experiences. From a teenager, into an adult.

I don't want to spoil the surprise any further -- so please, log on to iTunes now. You can listen to song samples + and also download the album.

Watch out for my second interview with the wonderful Lauren Frost - very soon.

BarbraNews Shop + Review of 2006 Tour.

USA * Canada * UK/Europe
Click here for the European Tour Website from 2007
Click here to read our SPECIAL review of the 2006 Tour -- Excellent pictures.