Celebrating Over A Decade Of Reporting. Direct from reliable sources.
**Email your 'tips and photos' to barbranews at aol dot com**

***
Click to visit the Streisand Store!

***
For the most timely approved/official updates on Barbra -- click for the official website


BarbraNews Mailing List
If you'd like important STREISAND updates to your mailbox, sign up here.
Name:
Email:
Subscribe  Unsubscribe 

Thursday 6 October 2011

Barbra in Elle Magazine. November Issue.

On how Warren Beatty got her to sing at a fundraiser for presidential candidate George McGovern: “Warren and I met when I was 15 years old. I was babysitting for my acting teacher, and it was Warren’s first summer of stock. Can you imagine, he asked if I would cue him! That’s the closest I ever got to a casting couch, not that I could get a part! I saw him a month ago. We’re always, 'I can’t get over it. Here we are. We were both nobodies!'”

On her career: “I don’t get a lot of offers to either direct or act. I’m still a kind of threatening object. I was offered They Shoot Horses, Don’t They?, but you had to dance through the whole movie—I got tired just reading the script. I was offered Klute, but I was seeing someone at the time and didn’t want to work. I was offered Julia, but I was editing A Star Is Born. As I say to Jane Fonda, ‘I’m responsible for your career.’ Because I turned down those movies and she got them and she was wonderful in them. Now people want me for a specific role.”
Barbra Streisand wears clothes from her closet, including a shirt and vest from Mr. Alex Custom Shirtmaker, Beverly Hills, jewelry by Sheryl Lowe Designs, and shoes by Chanel.

BarbraNews Shop + Review of 2006 Tour.

USA * Canada * UK/Europe
Click here for the European Tour Website from 2007
Click here to read our SPECIAL review of the 2006 Tour -- Excellent pictures.